This ("Policy") describes how Pierce, Inc DBA Quality Garage Door Services, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and franchisees (collectively "Quality Garage Door Services," "we" "our" or "us"), collects, uses and shares your information. This Policy does not cover the collection of mobile device information for in-store analytics. To the extent individual stores collect such information, please see store signage for more information and opt-out choices.
Quality Garage Door Services takes the privacy of its customers and visitors to its websites very seriously. We understand that you may have questions about how we collect, use, and share your information. This Policy describes the type of information we collect, how we use and share that information, how we protect that information, your choices regarding that information, and how you can contact us with any questions.
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED, HOW IS IT COLLECTED AND HOW IS THAT INFORMATION USED?
- We collect Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information ("NPI"), as defined below.
- We collect Personal Information and NPI about our customers, store and website visitors, in primarily three ways: directly from our customer, store or website visitor (for example, when inquiring about buying or leasing products from our website or from entering your information when online), from our web server & application logs, cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies, and from third-parties.
- We use your Personal Information and NPI primarily to provide you our products and services, to ensure quality of service, to contact you, to provide you with offers or information about our products and services, and to provide you with a personalized website experience.
- We do not share with others any Personal Information, unless we say so in this Policy, or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
HOW IS MY INFORMATION SHARED?
- We share your Personal Information and NPI with our affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, and franchisees.
- We also share your Personal Information and NPI with our service providers and other third-parties as described below.
- We may also share your Personal Information and NPI to meet our obligations to technology and content providers, or as required by law.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- If you do not want to receive information about our products or services, please update your account preferences (where available), and/or utilize the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" mechanism within the communications that you receive from us.
- If you have any additional questions or concerns related to this Policy, you may:
- email us at mailto:email@example.com;
Call us at (321) 264-3699 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday; or write to us at Quality Garage Door Services 1429 Chaffee Dr #1, Titusville, FL 32780
HOW IS MY INFORMATION PROTECTED?
- We have implemented certain appropriate security measures to help protect your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- Despite these measures, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect two main categories of information from or about you: Personal Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information ("NPI").
We define Personal Information as information that directly identifies an individual, such as name, residential street address or postal address, email address, social security number, date of birth, driver's license number, government-issued identification number, phone number, credit card number, bank account or other financial institution account number.
We define Non-Personally Identifiable Information or NPI as information about an individual or about categories or groups of individuals that does not identify you individually, such as your IP address, randomly assigned values in "cookies," mobile device identifiers, geo-location, and other technical information. We also collect other information that may not identify you individually, such as your gender, vehicle information, occupation and other employment information, personal references, and residence-related information such as lease and ownership information, and other information.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
We may collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways. For example, we collect information you provide when you seek to lease or buy our products, or otherwise enter into a contractual arrangement with Quality Garage Door Services. We may also collect Personal Information from or about you when you visit a website owned or operated by Quality Garage Door Services or on our behalf or by our partners, when you use our mobile applications, visit social media websites, when you encounter Quality Garage Door Services at an event, or when you enter a promotion we offer.
On occasion, we use third-parties to provide us with additional Personal Information about you. For example, if we know your name and postal address, we may use a third-party to provide us with your email address. In addition to what is described below, we use this information for market analysis, marketing and other business purposes, including enforcement of contractual obligations. We may also collect Personal Information about you from consumer and/or credit reporting agencies, your personal references, and from our corporate entities and partners, among others. If you provide Personal Information to us regarding others, we rely on you to obtain that other person's consent for disclosing their information to us and inform that other person about how we will use the information and our contact details for any queries.
In addition to what is described below, we collect NPI through many sources, including from information that you and third-parties provide to us.
When you visit our websites, we may collect information about your visit and store that information, which are records of the activities on our website. Our servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information that we may collect or that third-parties (including third-parties involved in online, interest-based advertising operations) may collect while you navigate our website include, but are not limited to:
- Your Internet protocol or "IP" address;
- The name of your Internet service provider;
- The city, state, and country from which you access our website;
- The type and version of browser, operating system, computer, or mobile device you use;
- Screen resolution;
- A list of your browser's plug-ins;
- Installed fonts;
- Other technical characteristics of your browser, computer, or device;
- The links you click within the website and the pages you visit;
- The date and time of your visit;
- The web page from which you arrived to our website; and
- Certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website.
The information we collect helps us administer the website, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use, and improve the visitor's experience. The information may also be used for marketing purposes and may uniquely distinguish your browser or computer from others devices.
Cookies also enable advertising. Navigating our website will result in the placement of various advertising-related cookies by third-parties on your computer or device. These cookies allow web servers involved in advertising operations to recognize your browser as you navigate to other websites, and are necessary for the online delivery or placement of certain ads. Some third-parties involved in ad operations may maintain their own proprietary consumer databases that allow them to personally identify or track website visitors.
Cookies generally hold various types of information, including randomly assigned unique identifiers, which allow websites, including websites covered by this Policy, to customize your experiences on the websites and gather information about your navigation of the websites. We may use different kinds of cookies, including HTTP cookies (also known as browser cookies) and Local Shared Objects such as Flash cookies that are built for use with the Adobe® Flash® Player. We may also use similar technologies, such as HTML5 local storage.
You should understand that some features of many websites may not function properly if you block or don't accept cookies.
Other Data Collection Technologies
We may use web beacons, pixel tags, .gif files, and the like, that allow for the collection of information about your interactions on our websites. These technologies may be used, for example, to place advertisements, to understand website traffic patterns and the number of visitors to our website, and to measure the effectiveness of advertisements or our website. Web beacons, and the like, also enable third-parties involved in advertising operations to recognize your browser as you navigate to other websites, and are necessary for the online delivery or placement of certain types of ads.
Social Networks and Widgets
Our website also includes social network or other third-party plug-ins and widgets that may provide information to their associated social networks or third-parties about Quality Garage Door Services websites you visit, even if you do not click on or otherwise interact with the plug-in or widget and regardless of whether you have an account or other relationship with these social networks and third-parties. Information is transmitted from your browser and may include an identifier assigned by the social network or third-party, information about your browser type, operating system, device type, IP address and the URL of the web page where the plug-in or widget appears. If you use social network tools or visit social networking websites, you should read their privacy policies, to learn what information they collect, use, and share.
Links to Other Websites
Quality Garage Door Services websites contain content, services, advertising and other materials that link to websites operated by third-parties. We have no control over those other websites, and this Policy does not apply to them. We encourage you to refer to the privacy policies of those websites.
How Do We Use and Share Your Information?
We use the Personal Information and NPI we collect from you for many purposes. For example, we use and share Personal Information and NPI to:
- process, manage, complete and account for transactions, including fulfilling product and service arrangements and collecting amounts payable associated with such arrangements;
- provide products and services you request;
- to enforce contractual obligations;
- help prevent fraud, unauthorized or criminal activity, claims and other liabilities;
- operate, evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services, managing our communications, performing research and administering our website and other programs, and for auditing purposes;
- market to you our products and services and the products and services of our franchisees and other third-parties through email, online outreach, direct mail, and other channels;
- communicate with you about our products and services, including to respond to your comments and inquiries, to use "click-to-chat" or equivalent functionality for customer service purposes, and to identify your preferences so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, promotions or events that may be of interest to you;
- communicate with you about and administer your participation in promotions we offer or are involved in, such as sweepstakes, contests, special events and other programs;
- enable you to participate in surveys and other research efforts;
- perform data analysis, including market and consumer research, financial analysis, and to measure the effectiveness of our advertising efforts online and otherwise; and
- comply with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, industry standards or guidelines, and Quality Garage Door Services policies.
In addition to other sharing described in this section, we may disclose Personal Information and NPI: (i) in order to comply with laws or legal process, including subpoenas or agency orders and investigations which we determine are required under appropriate circumstances; (ii) as we reasonably determine necessary or appropriate to protect property, our rights or the rights of others; and (iii) to enforce our contracts, policies and customer agreements.
We may also de-identify Personal Information (by removing certain data elements such as name, phone number, date of birth) that we receive from you or from third-parties so that it cannot be used to identify a specific individual.
We may transfer information covered by this Policy, including Personal Information, in connection with a merger or sale or store closing (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) of all or part of Quality Garage Door Services business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in control.
Sharing With Corporate Entities, Franchisees and Third-Parties
We also share Personal Information and NPI with our affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, franchisees and service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf and agree to only use such information for the purpose for which it was provided and in accordance with this Policy.
We may also provide Personal Information and NPI to credit bureaus, third parties collecting amounts owed to us, and third parties to whom we assign your account for collection purposes.
We may also share the Personal Information with select third-party vendors, business partners and other companies so that they can send you promotional materials about goods and services (including special offers and promotions) offered by them. After the information is provided to such third-parties, the subsequent use or disclosure of such information is subject to those third-parties' privacy policies and practices.
We may also use services hosted by third-parties to assist in providing our services and to help us understand our customers' use of our products. A third-party service may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including, for example, your IP address, the third-party's cookies, or any of the other categories of information itemized under Online Activities, above.
Quality Garage Door Services uses "interest-based" ads also known as "online behavioral advertising" or "OBA." Online behavioral advertising is advertising that is directed to you based, at least in part, on your Internet browsing behavior across the web. Although we do not share Personal Information with the third-parties that conduct advertising operations on our behalf, these third-parties and their affiliates do collect certain information as a result of their "tags" being on our website. The information they collect includes the name (URL) of the web pages you view while on our site, your IP address, time of visit, information about your browser software, information about your device, and randomly-assigned identifiers stored in cookies, which they use to target and serve advertising. Quality Garage Door Services uses third-parties that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA), which prescribes certain norms of conduct and provides an opt-out for behaviorally targeted ads, as discussed in "Your Options Regarding Personal Information," below.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards intended to protect against the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, or disclosure of Personal Information and NPI. Although we take such precautions seriously, it is impossible for us or others to guarantee the safety and security of Personal Information and NPI.
Will this Policy Change?
This Policy may be updated periodically to reflect relevant changes in our information practices. We will post a notice on our website to inform you of significant changes to this Policy. We will also provide additional information regarding changes to this Policy as may be required by law.
Your Options Regarding Personal Information
You may request that we correct, update or amend the Personal Information we hold about you. To update us regarding changes in your Personal Information, please contact us at the store location at which you have done business or you may contact us as described below.
You may elect to opt-out of receipt of email and text communications from us by following the instructions provided in such communications or by contacting us as provided below. Even after opting out, you may still receive service oriented, non-promotional communications from us and promotional communications from other third-parties as a result of their own interactions or transactions with you. Please allow time for us to process your request or contact us should you have any concerns about your opt-out request.
"Do-Not-Track." Do-Not-Track is a public-private initiative, http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/, that has developed a technical "flag" or signal that an end-user may be able to activate within their browser software to notify websites that they do not wish to be "tracked" by 3rd parties as defined by the initiative. The initiative, however, has not reached a consensus as to exactly what technical or other actions those parties receiving the signal should take. As a result, Do-Not-Track has not yet been standardized and most websites, including Quality Garage Door Services, do not alter their behavior or change their services when they receive a "do-not-track" flag or signal.
You can, however, make decisions about your privacy and the ads you receive. As explained in the section above, "Sharing With Corporate Entities, Franchisees and Third-Parties," Quality Garage Door Services uses online behavioral advertising. You can control whether companies serve you behaviorally-based advertising by visiting the DAA web page and using the DAA's opt-out: http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. The DAA opt-out requires that cookies not be blocked in your browser.
As an alternative to the DAA opt-out, you can also elect to block all cookies from first-parties (such as Quality Garage Door Services) and from third-parties (such as entities involved in advertising) by using the cookie blocking options built into your browser software. For example, in Internet Explorer 9, you can block both first and third-party cookies by selecting those options at Tools/Internet Options/Privacy/Settings-Advanced/Override Automatic Cookie Handling. As another example, if you are using Firefox 25, you can "uncheck" Accept All Cookies under Firefox Preferences/Privacy-Use Custom Settings For History/Accept Cookies from Sites.
Please note, however, that if you do decide to block cookies, some parts of our website may not function correctly.
How Can You Contact Us?
If you wish to contact us regarding your information or this Policy, you may:
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- call us at (321) 264-6399 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday.
- write to us at Quality Garage Door Services, 1429 Chaffee Dr #1, Titusville, FL 32780
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing Personal Information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Please indicate your preference by contacting us as described above. Please also note it may take us thirty (30) days to fully process your request.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13 on this website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND DATA MADE AVAILABLE AT THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS-IS" BASIS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Quality Garage Door Services WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, EXPENSES OR CLAIMS OF EVERY NATURE OR TYPE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM:
- the use of Quality Garage Door Services or the information contained in this website;
- any inaccuracy or omission in the information contained in this website or the failure to keep such information current;
- any inaccurate or incomplete information caused by Internet software or transmission problems;
- the use of the Internet generally, including Internet software, computer viruses; and/or
- damage to your computer hardware, data, information, materials, or business resulting from the information or lack of information on this website.
- Internet Security and E-mail
Last revised August 11, 2023